Sunday, May 22, 2011

Aquinas


Aquinas
September 10, 2009 - May 22, 2011

Aquinas has joined his brother Dylan over the Rainbow Bridge. He appeared to have suffered a stroke, like his brother, but it looked different. Medication helped. In fact there was great improvement in his left side-his whiskers seemed to be back to normal and even his eye wasn't as droopy. He was getting around fine-even getting up and into the hammock to snooze with his brother, Harrison. I was cautiously optimistic. Although he was improving I was concerned as he seemed to be losing weight. Yesterday evening I went in and gave all the rats a rib bone. Aquinas grabbed his and ran off with it. I'm so glad that he really enjoyed it. When I went back to check on them just after midnight I found him lying on the floor and I knew that that was it. I picked him up, he was barely alive-he soon died in my arms. Aquinas died too young. The only comfort is that I can picture him running off with that bone just hours before he died. Give Dylan a scritch from me-Harrison and I will miss you.

No comments: