Monday, March 7, 2011

Fictional Dinner Party-The Book Version

I recently posed this question, so I thought I should answer it myself. If you could have a dinner party and invite 4 fictional characters, from any author, who would you invite?

My first guest would be Edward. No, not that sparkly vampire. Edward from the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. I'm not thrilled with his Ted persona, but I love me some Edward. Plus, he's good to have around if you need to kill anything. I'd also invite Jaden from the world of Sherrilyn Kenyon. He's a demon broker found in her Dark Hunter and Dream Hunter series. Since I have 2 hot bad boys, I think I'd like someone with an interest in food, so, from the series by Michael Bond, I'd like to meet Monsieur Pamplemousse (who may of course bring Pomme Frite). Next I need to round out the dinner with some females. My first choice will be Amelia Peabody from the series by Elizabeth Peters. She'd have no problem dealing with these guys in her own indomitable way. My final guest would be Nell Sweeney from the series by P.B. Ryan. That makes my dinner party. "What a minute!" you say, "You asked for 4 guests and invited 5. What's up with that?" Well, I figured I'd have an even number of men and woman-since I'll be at the dinner too-I asked an extra guy. So dinner for 6-here we are.

This was not an easy task. There are tons of other characters I'd like to meet and hang out with. What about you? Who would you invite to dinner?

No comments: