Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Brian Jacques

Every once in a while I get an e-mail from Amazon.com telling me about things I may wish to buy. I saw the chance to preorder The Rogue Crew: A Tale of Redwall. But I was surprised when I saw it was to be the final book of the great adventure series. Why? Sadly I read a bit more only to discover that the author, I should say writer (he never liked the term "author") died last month! Brian Jacques was a man of many talents. He had many jobs including longshoreman, bus driver, police constable, and announcer. I'll never forget a piece of writing advice he once gave, "paint a picture with words". If you've never read one of his books-go read one now. I love his Redwall Series. They're rollicking good adventure yarns with woodland animals as the heroes and villains. The first is Redwall and there are over 20 books in the series. Thank you Brian Jacques for letting me into your world. May you rest in peace in the next one.

No comments: