Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday with the Horses

This morning I drove out to the Purple Haze Center at Finger Lakes Racetrack. The Purple Haze Center was founded in 2007 as the home for The Finger Lakes Thoroughbred Adoption Program. The center welcomes retired racehorses and finds them new homes and careers. I love their motto-Giving horses a second chance to be winners. Today they held a craft fair to benefit the horses. Since the event was held right in their barn I got to meet these wonderful athletes. I fell for Pure Shanneya. What a gorgeous girl, and a real sweetie too. The boys seemed a little more high strung, they all spooked when a photographer took their picture..or perhaps they were showing their displeasure at Alvin and the Chipmunks, but all the horses were doing really well considering all the goings on. I bought several goodies and was happy to help this great cause.

No comments: