Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wesołego Alleluja!

Happy Easter! This years Easter was a bit different from Easter's past, as my Dad is in a rehab hospital. I left for Buffalo super early to get to 9AM mass at Assumption Church. Mom was already there, as she sings in the choir. After mass they had Swiecone at the rectory. That's the Easter Breakfast for those unfamiliar with Polish traditions. It's basically a cold buffet of wonderful goodies. Then Mom and I met back at her house, packed up a picnic and went to see Dad. We chatted and snacked-Mom even got chocolate covered strawberries from Condrell's...mmmmm. Then back to Mom's where she loaded my cooler with fresh Polish sausage, beet horseradish, ham, deviled eggs, rye bread, spiced apples, a bottle of champagne and the butter lamb. By the time I got home-I was ready for a nap-so I had one. I think both my folks did too! After I catch up online I'll pour more champagne and start the eating process again. I hope you had a blessed Easter!

No comments: