Monday, April 5, 2010

Last of the Season

Today was the last day of the curling season for the Monday Morning league. I'm so glad I joined the Rochester Curling Club and started this new sport (Yes, sport!). Everyone has been so friendly and helpful and really welcomed me to the group. As for my curling today...When I'm good I'm VERY good, but when I'm bad...I'm AWFUL! The first end was a disaster for me. Then I'd get some good shots-and lots of bad. I think I was throwing with my arm today-and almost everything was headed to the left. Then came the final end. My last 3 shots of the season. (My group was playing 3/3 instead of 4/4-so I had an extra stone each end.) The first one finally went exactly where it was supposed to go-but I gorilla's it and it went through the house...and out of play. Next shot-I was supposed to take the other team's stone out. I did it perfectly and got shot rock! My final stone-landed exactly where the skip pointed. We wound up with a tie game-but a great way to end the season for me. Then it was time for soup. I was responsible this week and made my spinach soup. It was a big hit with many people having seconds. I also had a beer! Although I started at the end of the season, I'm sure glad I started to curl. I can't wait for the fall so I can start curling again!

No comments: