Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Christmas

Today was the day I really celebrated Christmas. I drove to my parent's house. As soon as I arrived it started to snow; just lightly so it looked really pretty instead of threatening. We had a delicious breakfast-fresh Polish sausage with beet horseradish, rye bread and butter, peaches with cinnamon and freshly squeezed orange juice. Then it was time to open presents. I got some wonderful things-highlights being an autographed copy of the book Haunted Buffalo, the DVD of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and a case of Andre champagne! ...along with lots of other great stuff. I think my folks liked their gifts too. After basking in the glow of presents we ate potato chips and leek dip while drinking champagne and watching one of Mom's presents-Julie & Julia, a great movie. We called our aunt in California, then ate French onion soup...yummy. I had to take a nap then. After I woke up we had dinner-beef tenderloin in a horseradish wine sauce (phenomenal) with salad and mashed potatoes and gravy. Mom's stunning chocolate mousse for dessert. Then it was time to pack up the car and drive home, listening to Christmas music. Another wonderful Christmas. Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: