Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Secret Santa

Well, I got home safely early yesterday morning. The roads weren't too bad, I wasn't even using my 4 wheel drive-until I turned onto my street and began the turn into my driveway. The snowplows had left a huge mountain at the foot of it, there was a huge drift in the middle (as usual-thanks Wind) and just a ton of snow. We didn't get the blizzard they were predicting-but there was over a foot of snow. "I don't have time for this!" I said to myself, knowing I had few precious hours before I had to leave for work again. So I put it in 4 wheel and gunned it. Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive-got in the garage without issue. So I got about 4 hours of sleep (me, who usually makes it a point to get at least 8!) deciding I wasn't going to lose sleep time to shoveling. So I only shoveled for 15 minutes before I had to leave for work. I didn't make much of a dent.

I was able to leave work on time and the roads were just fine coming home Monday night. I was, however, dreading getting into my driveway. I also was dreading getting up early to shovel a lot before work again. With the possibility of trucks delivering Christmas presents, I have to make an effort to allow them into my driveway. As it was the mailman just left a note in my mailbox across the street! So I started to make the turn, ready to put it into 4 wheel, when my jaw dropped. My driveway was clear! Someone had plowed my driveway. No note. Just proof of the holiday spirit. I have no idea who did it. Someone who passed by while I was shoveling... someone who just saw my driveway (and all the clear ones of my neighbors) and took pity on me, someone who knows me-or a total stranger. I don't know. But whoever performed this kind act, Thank You! I was feeling pretty Grinchy, and you've made me feel a bit better about the quality of humanity.

So to my plowing Secret Santa, thank you and Merry Christmas!

No comments: