Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good Dog

My dog, Sam, has a skin condition that requires weekly baths. He's not fond of the situation, but he doesn't make a big fuss over it either. I usually go upstairs, take my own bath, then get Sam in. He's taken, however, to not coming upstairs with me when I go to bed...although he's there when I wake up in the morning. Are the stairs bothering him, or is he trying to avoid the bath? Last Friday I went up and he came right up with me. OK, I said, I'll take my bath and then Sam will get his. I drew my bath, but it was a bit hot. So I decided to let it cool for a few minutes and went into the hall. I turned on the light to look for something and patted Sam, who was sleeping in the hall, on the head. The next thing I knew Sam got up, walked into the bathroom and was waiting to get into the tub, the tub currently filled with water and bubbles! What a good dog.

No comments: