Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Reviews

I don't read reviews. Well, that's not quite true, I don't follow reviews. I've loved many things-movies, books, and more-that have received poor reviews. Bad reviews of things I like tend to piss me off as well. But, like a train wreck, I sometimes have to read. I've been posting some books to my Pinterest board First in the Series. These are the books that started a series I really enjoy. To pin them I go to the Amazon.com page in order to get the picture. There I see the list of reviews...and I see some 1 star reviews...for books I love. Yes, I've been reading some. I know I shouldn't, as they're putting me in a bad mood. Even though I never believe reviews, it pains me to read some of these...and I get mad at the idiots that write some of them-yes some people are idiots and not just because I don't agree with them (although that can be a good indication of idiocy...still). One jerk had the temerity to write, "At any rate, when I start thinking that maybe Agatha Christie was a literary genius, I know I'm reading a very bad mystery novel." Sorry, idiot...Agatha Christie WAS a literary genius! I'm now trying to take deep cleansing breaths...and vowing to write positive reviews for books I enjoy.

No comments: