Saturday, February 25, 2012

Best Laid Plans...

You know what they say about the best laid plans. I was going to go to Buffalo to spend the day with my folks. When I woke up, however, I could barely see out of my window. The roads were snow covered and I decided not to make the trip. That gave me the whole day to clean up around the house. Yea...right. After Sam and I returned from our walk I went upstairs and collected a load of laundry. You'd  think I wear 8 pairs of socks a day. I took the basket down to the laundry, but I saw standing water in the sink. That's not good. I put the laundry in the washer, but didn't start it. I took out the drain cover, thinking there was hair stopping the drain. The water still didn't go down. I went back to the second floor to get the plunger. Back to the basement and plunge, plunge, plunge. All I did was make the water black. I emptied most of the water out by buckets, climbing up and down the stairs-emptying them outside. Plunged again. Nothing. I decided to take a break and have lunch before doing the dishes. That's when I turned on the TV and discovered Full Metal Jousting. A second episode followed and I had to watch. Then I decided to do the dishes. I was washing away, when the kitchen sinks decided to stop draining. Ugh. I wrote a letter, called my folks, then a friend. The kitchen sinks drained on their own-but no luck with the basement...even after I tried to auger it. Sigh. I guess I'll be calling the plumber on Monday.

No comments: