Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pinterest

I have a new addiction-Pinterest. So what is it? It's a virtual pinboard that lets you save and organize things you find on the web. You can also see other people's interests and repin their ideas onto your own boards.  According to the site itself, "Our goal is to connect everyone in the world through the 'things' they find interesting. We think that a favorite book, toy, or recipe can reveal a common link between two people. With millions of new pins added every week, Pinterest is connecting people all over the world based on shared tastes and interests." Pretty cool. I've discovered new recipes and posted things of my own. I get a kick when people discover my things and pin them to their own boards. At the moment I have 15 boards (topics, if you will) and 7 followers (subscribers, you might call them). A good portion of the fun is checking other people's pins and following them to other people and so on-you never know what you'll find and that's part of the adventure. At the moment you need an invitation to join...but if you can get one, grab it and check out this great site!

No comments: