Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Help

I just want to help animals. My dream would be to have an animal sanctuary where all sorts of critters could happily live out their days. I'd also become a wildlife rehabilitator specializing in possums, squirrels, and other small mammals. But I'd have to be independently wealthy for that-couldn't work outside the home as I'd have to be there with the animals. So I do what I can and provide a home to a few that need them. Unfortunately, as my vet said this morning, "you can't have a normal pet". (The same thing with my trees and shrubs, sigh.) Sadly, many of my kids have medical issues, including little Licorice, my latest adoption.  But I can provide for them. I don't have (nor want) human children so I don't have that expense. I make good money (unfortunately, in a job I can't stand at the moment) and am able to support these critters. I don't really go out, I don't take vacations (other than day trips) so I can afford helping out. The love I get in return more than makes up for it.

No comments: