Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Worth it?

Work is very stressful. That's the nature of the job itself. That would be fine...but administration and coworkers are making it miserable. And it's only going to get worse. It could be a wonderful job, even now I quite enjoy it at times...but I don't see it getting better. I can retire in 15 years...I don't know if I can make 15 months. The problem is that I make good money and have great benefits. In fact, I just got a raise. I enjoy my lifestyle, and I'm not willing to give it up. It's by no means exorbitant. I also have health issues and require good insurance...which I have. But I'm not happy, I'm stressed. My hair is falling out (although that could be age and genetics). A former supervisor retired not that long ago due to health issues. Tonight I learned that she's going blind due to complications from diabetes, and that her husband just died. He was only 59. One of my first supervisors at my current job retired a few years ago...he was dead within 2 years. I need to find a balance-a job that won't kill me, but will pay me a good wage and benefits. And make me happy. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: