Monday, July 2, 2012

Fruits of the Season

On Saturday I went to the farmers market and picked up a few things-including blueberries and cherries. I went to my mom's house and she had been to her farmers market and also picked up a few things, including strawberries, sending some home with me. When I got home from work Sunday night I decided to treat myself to the fruits of the season. I cut up some of the strawberries, threw in a handful of blueberries, and pitted some cherries-adding them to the mix. I needed something to drink,so befitting the local harvest and sharing by loved ones, I opened the bottle of Woodbury Vineyards Chocolate with a hint of Cherry wine given to me by my Uncle Steve. What a locavore delight. I admit to adding one ingredient that may not have been local-the whipped cream I added to the fruit. However, I got the Wegman's brand-so at least it was distributed in Rochester!

No comments: