Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Wesołego Alleluja! I celebrated Easter yesterday with my folks as I have to go to work today. Sam and I drove to my folks house and had the traditional Easter breakfast-fresh Polish sausage, beet horseradish, hard-boiled eggs, rye bread, butter (in the form of a butter lamb), fruit salad, and juice. I went to the cemetery and put flowers on the graves of my grandparents, Aunt Bert, and brother. Back at my folks we opened the champagne and opened our Easter gifts. I got a gorgeous book about cooking and travel in Poland. Then it was time for potato chips and leek dip while watching an Easter episode of The Vicar of Dibley. All morning we also worked on the main course-the duck. What a treat! It was a lot of work, but boy it turned out fantastic. We had duck, salt potatoes, and salad for dinner. For dessert we had a lovely strawberry pie. Happy Easter!

No comments: