Saturday, October 22, 2011

Frustrating Day

I truly relish my days off. There's always so much to do and the time just flies. I had to wake up early as Aleister had an early vet appointment. He's still dealing with his ears problems. Doc put more of the medicine in his ears and we go back on the first. After returning home, Sam and I went on a long walk. I checked my e-mails and then headed to Greece. A rescue organization was there today and they had some special toys I was to pick up. I got there-greeted by a sweet kissy girl (a lab mix, although she was quite small). However, they did not have my toys. One of the volunteers made a phone call-the woman wasn't sure I was coming, so she didn't send them. HELLO?!?!? I said I was coming. I made a comment on the post saying the rescue would be at that store today. I was...and am pissed. I wasted valuable time for no reason. Even if they weren't sure I was coming-why on earth not send the stuff anyway? Or why not e-mail me and verify. Now I have to waste time in 2 weeks to try again. After fuming away I grabbed a bite to eat, then picked up supplies at Walmart. A stop at the library, then I came home. The plan was to mow the lawn and put down the grub control-even before I went inside. That way I'd let Sam sleep-he doesn't like it when he's inside and I'm mowing the lawn. I mowed the part of the lawn near the neighbor, then started on the front. There were sticks down at the far edge of my property-so I stopped the lawn tractor and picked up sticks. I got back on the mower...and nothing. It wouldn't start. At the furthest most part of my property. I tried all kinds of things...nothing. It wasn't even trying to turn over. So....I pushed it all the way back to the garage. Ugh. I didn't want to delay on putting down the grub control-so I did that even without mowing. That used some muscles! Back inside I called Mom, finished my book (I highly recommend A Cast-Off Coven) then took a much needed nap. When I awoke I cleaned the Critter Nation. I hate that cage. I was sitting on the floor, cleaning the lower portion when I felt Harrison go in my robe pocket. I turned to see him backing out of my pocket carrying a tootsie roll! The little smartie found a treat. He was trying to open it, when I took it away. Never fear-I'm not that mean a momma-I opened it for him and gave him a portion of it. Harrison got his prize...well part of it! I still have lots to do, but I'm ready to quit and relax-we'll see what else I get accomplished today.

No comments: