Monday, February 15, 2010

New One

This was a new one for me. I got a split chicken fryer, already marinated in Chiavetta's seasoning (yummmmm.). Anyway I decided to just put it in a baking dish and bake it. I used the Pyrex baking dish that didn't crash to the floor and shatter. Well, it was cooking away and I was on the computer. Then I noticed it was getting quite loud. All kinds of spattering sounds. I looked in and saw smoke coming from the top of the oven. I opened the oven, smoke came pouring out and I saw the baking dish in 2 pieces! The dish broke in half! The chicken was cooked perfectly...but what the heck!!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

OMG, I use glass baking dishes all the time and have never seen that happen. Now, I am going to really watch the oven when I have a glass dish in there.