Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Won!

I follow several blogs and I adore A Garden for the House. Kevin has a great site with lots of wonderful information about plants and gardening-as well as decorating and cooking with those plants. He shares some great recipes too! He recently had lunch with Ruth Reichl. To quote him "Ruth is the former editor of Gourmet Magazine, the former restaurant critic for The New York Times, and the author of 3 best-selling memoirs". He had 2 signed copies of her first memoir, Tender At The Bone and was giving them away! To be eligible you just had to make a comment about your favorite dessert, and subscribe to his blog. I already subscribed...but what dessert to write about? It took me a while (days actually) but I finally wrote and picked my mom's Fresh Strawberry Pie...with mentions of chocolate mousse, bourbon pecan pie, and chocolate chip cookies. (Come on-who can pick just one dessert?!) I'm glad I waited to post my comment. A computer program randomly picked 2 numbers-those posts whose writers would win. I was the second winner! I won!!! Yea me. I can't wait to receive the book-what a wonderful addition to my collection of cooking books!

No comments: