Sunday, November 22, 2009

Turkey Day!

Today I celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents. We started with breakfast-cherry blintzes and orange juice. Yum. Then we went to the cemetery. Actually we went to 3 cemeteries to put flowers on the graves of family and friends. They looked nice. I hope someone will remember me and put flowers on my grave every once in a while. We went back and had Mom's fantastic leek dip with potato chips and champagne while we watched the movie Dave. We all enjoyed it. Pretty soon it was dinner time-a traditional Thanksgiving Feast. We had turkey and stuffing and gravy, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, and special jello mold (not moldy jello-jello made in a mold with fruit and nuts). Mom and I did the dishes, then we all had scrumptious pumpkin ice cream pie. We called California to wish our Aunt a happy holiday and then I drove home. A long day for which I'm quite thankful.

No comments: